Eager to promote Orange County, California’s (The OC) incredible culinary offering, Orange County Visitors Association (OCVA) is reaching out to foodies from the GCC region.
The destination is home to an Arab-American enclave known as ‘Little Arabia’ in Anaheim, which comprises a collection of taste-bud tantalising halal restaurants.
President, OCVA, Ed Fuller commented: “California is home to the largest Middle Eastern immigrant population in the US, with one of the hot spots right here in The OC. The Little Arabia District celebrates Arab culture and cuisine in the heart of Orange County, so visitors craving a taste of home have their pick of fantastic Halal cuisine in multiple cities throughout the region.”
Attracting Arab-American expats as well Arab travellers, Little Arabia boasts ethnic markets, Halal butcher shops, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, hookah lounges, clothing stores, beauty salons and much more.
Some halal restaurants worth mentioning in Little Arabia include Koftegi, serving Turkish Mediterranean cuisine; El Mahroosa Restaurant & Hookah Café, serving Middle Eastern cuisine; Nara Bistro, also serving Middle Eastern delicacies; and Luxor Lounge, which serves Halal-certified Mediterranean dishes.
In addition to Little Arabia, Orange County is home to almost 20 different halal restaurants covering multiple ethnicities, such as Chinese, Thai, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines.
- Hatam Restaurant; Popular choice for classic Persian dishes such as meat & vegetable kebabs in a comfortable room.
- Sahara Falafel; No-frills restaurant for classic Middle Eastern bites such as hummus & falafel amid barebones decor.
- Mas’ Chinese Islamic Restaurant; Array of classic eats including spiced beef & orange chicken in an airy spot with high ceilings.
- Tandoor Fresh; Bright, casual counter-serve eatery dishing up a menu of popular Indian & Pakistani fare.
- Mezzet Mediterranean Cuisine; Mediterranean meals are dished out in a casual modern setting at this shopping-center cafe & bar.
- The Halal Guys; Offshoot of a famed food cart offering gyros, chicken & rice platters & other Middle Eastern fare.
- Pom and Olive; Comfy, relaxed restaurant with outdoor seating dishing up baba ghanoush, lamb shawarma & more.
- Genie Den; Casual counter-serve eatery offering Mediterranean cooking including falafel & shawarma.
- Coach’s Mediterranean Grill & Bar; Casual eatery featuring typical dishes such as pizza, gyros & kebabs, plus a full bar with TVs.
- Lotus Chinese Eatery; Casual, modern Chinese restaurant serving specialties such as Hunan spicy lamb & crispy duck.