Shaza Hotels prepares to welcome six new additions to MENA portfolio

Shaza Hotels

Shaza Hotels is forging ahead with growing its already robust portfolio, having announced plans to open six new properties in 2019.

The new openings will double the number of keys for the brand, while marking its debut in key destinations such as Riyadh, Sharjah, Dubai and Doha.

“We are the number one luxury operator offering true Arabian hospitality, and 2019 represents the company’s strongest opening pace since our launch,” enthused president and CEO, Shaza Hotels, Simon Coombs. “We are very excited to expand our presence in the GCC with both the Shaza Hotels and Mysk by Shaza brands. This year we have six new properties lined up for opening and the first of these, Shaza Hotel Residences, Riyadh, began operations in February.”

Vienna Tourism 2

Revealing more details, Coombs added that the hospitality brand recently signed an agreement with the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq) to manage three retreats, namely Kingfisher Lodge in Kalba, Al Badayer Oasis in Al Badayer and Al Faya Lodge, close to Mleiha. These high-end destinations under the Sharjah Collection brand will be operated and managed by Shaza Hotels’ upscale Mysk by Shaza brand.

“We have already welcomed our first guests in Kingfisher Lodge last month and are now getting ready to celebrate the grand opening. In addition, we have two other fabulous hotels getting ready for opening in the third and fourth quarter of the year, namely Shaza Doha and Mysk The Palm in Dubai,” he added.

The upcoming properties will diversify the brand’s offering with a unique mix of hotels, resorts and retreats, some of which will allow tourists to discover the hidden gems of the Arabian Peninsula, such as the ‘Sharjah Collection’.

Coombs stressed: “The latest additions to our portfolio are testament to our compelling value proposition to our partners in delivering long-term growth, as well as our commitment to providing our guests with a diverse mix of accommodation options in some of the region’s most extraordinary locations.”

To conclude, Coombs revealed that Shaza Hotels has outlined an ambitious expansion strategy that is aimed at accelerating its growth in the region and beyond. The brand’s goal is to have 70 per cent of the portfolio in the GCC, with a focus on Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Jeddah, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Makkah and Madinah, as well as secondary cities in the KSA, driving superior returns to its stakeholders and associates. The remaining 30 per cent will be outside the region, with a focus on high-growth markets such as Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia and Malaysia.